Our diet plays a key role in our physical wellbeing. As we go through the different seasons in life, our bodies require various amounts of certain key nutrients for optimal functioning. The food we eat can have a profound impact on perimenopause symptoms as well.
Here are two delicious perimenopause recipes that can help with some of the peskier symptoms of perimenopause. Omega-3’s, calcium, healthy fats, and protein are just some of the key nutrients included in these recipes that can help with perimenopause. These perimenopause recipes are tailored to two people. Adjust portions as necessary for your dinner guests. Bon appetite!
Salmon Filets with Tzatziki Sauce
2 salmon filets
Coarse sea salt
8 ounces plain Greek Yogurt (fat content of your choice)
1 ½ tablespoon of red wine vinegar
2-3 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare an oven-safe baking dish by rubbing olive oil on the bottom of the dish.
- Generously rub olive oil on both sides of the salmon filets. Season with garlic powder, pepper, and salt to taste. Sprinkle top of filets with fresh dill.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a cooking thermometer reads at least 145F.
While the salmon is in the oven, prepare the tzatziki sauce
- Place 8 ounces of Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Peel a whole cucumber and finely dice. Squeeze out excess juice from cucumber and place diced cucumber pieces in yogurt. (Consider keeping the cucumber juice to flavor your water – yum!)
- Crush 2-3 garlic cloves to taste and add to the yogurt.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- Add fresh dill to taste.
Plate salmon filets with tzatziki on the side or on top. Pair with roasted vegetables or a fresh salad.
Chicken Taco Bowls with Garlic Avocado Aioli
1 lb chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
1tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
2 limes, one for juicing and one for wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium avocado
2 tablespoon avocado oil (can use olive oil)
¼ cup plain coconut or plain greek yogurt
3 crushed garlic cloves
2 tsp agave nectar
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup cooked brown rice
- Combine salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, juice of one lime, and olive oil in a bowl. Pour over chicken to marinade while heating the grill. You can also bake the chicken in the oven at 350F. Grill or bake until a cooking thermometer reads at least 165F in the middle of each chicken breast. Dice into bite-size pieces once fully cooked.
- Prepare garlic avocado aioli by combining yogurt, garlic cloves, and agave nectar in a bowl. Blend in food processor while gradually adding avocado oil.
- Heat rice and black beans to add to taco bowls.
- Combine chicken, rice, black beans, cheese, and garlic avocado aioli in individual bowls, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is not medical advice, does not take the place of medical advice from your physician, and is not intended to treat or cure any disease. Patients should see a qualified medical provider for assessment and treatment.
Perry may earn a compensation through affiliate links.