Why are menopause cold flashes even a thing?
- A sudden feeling of warmth or intense heat concentrated in the upper region of your body or sometimes widespread
- Flushing across your face, neck, and chest
- Increased heart rate
- Feeling a surge of anxiety
What causes hot and cold flashes other than menopause?
What Can I Do If I Have Cold Flashes?
- Keep layers on hand so that you can bundle up until it goes away
- If you sweat, remove the wet clothing or bedding right away so that you can warm back up
- Rather than shivering in place, get up and walk around to increase your body heat
- If cold flashes are caused by anxiety, try activities that reduce stress, including exercise, meditation and mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, self-talk, and other stress-relieving activities (say, a warm bath anyone?).